Measuring Journal Impact
* Please bring your own computer device to this session.
There are thousands of journals in the academic world, how do you know which ones are quality journals and which ones you should avoid? In this session you will learn why it is important to evaluate journals and about how to measure their impact through metrics and rankings. Make sure the journals you publish in and cite count!
- Why measure journal quality and impact?
- Thinking about journal relevance
- Evaluating journal integrity and quality
- Finding circulation data
- Finding journal metrics and ranking data: SCImago & Scopus
- Looking at journal prestige lists
Note: This session is targeted at academics, researchers and postgraduate students. It would be advisable to also attend the session 'Publishing Your Resarch' as these two sessions complement one another.
Related LibGuide: Measure Research Quality and Impact - Research Guide by Jean Coleman
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- 460.2.031 (ECL – Postgrad Teaching Space)
- South Street