SciFinder database training
SciFinder provides web-based access to Chemical Abstracts (CA) covering all aspects of chemistry and other disciplines as they relate to chemistry. Come along to gain an 'An Introduction to SciFinder'.
In this session you will look at:
- Searching for physical, chemical and biological properties of compounds
- Searching for chemical reactions, including fully described synthesis procedures
- Searching scientific literature via a structure search
- Conducting a thorough patent search and finding the chemistry instantly
- Setting up Keep Me Posted Alerts to keep users up-to-date on a research topic/project
- Using SciPlanner – share findings and notes amongst peers working on a common project
Note: This session is targeted at academics, researchers and postgraduate students.
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- 354.1.015 (Library South - Computer Lab)
- South Street