Measuring Journal Impact
There are thousands of journals in the academic world, how do you know which ones are quality journals and which ones you should avoid? During this hour workshop you will learn why it is important to evaluate journals and about how to measure their impact through metrics and rankings. Make sure the journals you publish in and cite count!
- Why measure journal quality and impact?
- Thinking about journal relevance
- Evaluating journal integrity and quality
- Finding circulation data
- Finding journal metrics and ranking data: SCImago & Scopus
- Looking at journal prestige lists
Note: This session is targeted at Early Career Researchers (Murdoch Postgraduate Students and Staff Members).
Related LibGuide: Measure Research Quality and Impact by Jean Coleman
- Thursday, March 28, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- 350.2.006 (Library North – Computer Lab)
- South Street